Teaching Smart

Smart Teaching
Since I began blogging...all of 2 months ago...I feel like I've become a smarter teacher.  There are so many ideas, resources, tips, tricks, and ideas out there that as educators we share with each other.  Here are some of the things that I feel allow me to teach smart:

1. Organization--You can never be too organized, and just when you think you're organized, you realize how far from it you are.  My summer to do was to organize my classroom supplies, library, and teaching materials.  I know this can be done in a variety of ways.  What's worked for me in terms of supplies was creating labels for everything. 



In my library, I had to find a system that worked for me and my students.  Click {HERE} to read how I plan to accomplish this.  For teaching materials, I'm making myself an organizational binder!  I can't wait until it's finished!

2. Student organization--This year I will be implementing student organizational binders.  I know that when my students can easily find things, we get to the learning and fun faster!
I will be using these from Jodi @ Fun in First

3. Revisiting professional literature--This is something that I had gotten away from.  When I finished my credential program, I had a variety of resources that kind of sat on the shelf.  I referenced them every once in a while, but not as much as I should have and needed to.  Now I go back to them all the time and realize how valuable they are.  Here are some of my favorites:

The Book Whisperer: Awakening the Inner Reader in Every Child    The First Days of School: How to Be an Effective Teacher     Morning Meeting Book, The (Strategies for Teachers, 1)   About Teaching Mathematics: A K-8 Resource, 3rd EditionElementary and Middle School Mathematics: Teaching Developmentally (8th Edition) (Teaching Student-Centered Mathematics Series)

Link up and share what allows you to teach smart!

4 comments

  1. I love all your containers. I heart organization.
    ~April
    The Idea Backpack
    ideabackpack@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are organized! I will be making a mental note of that :)
    Tori
    Join my super fun linky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for those tips, especially the professional development books. I love getting good recommendations! I am giving away a $20 TPT gift certificate. Come visit and enter to win! :)

    Delighted in Second

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how organized you are!! You are welcomed to come and organized my classroom.

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top