Can't have Monday without a few linky parties!

It's that time again....Monday Made It with 4th Grade Frolics!  I'm so grateful for these posts because they motivate me to do more!  So here are this week's projects:
  • I blogged a little bit about these the other day, so feel free to click {HERE} to read that post for more details.  I created sports themed name plates, calendar pieces, and my teacher organizational binder.


  • I also finished making my classroom signals with a sports twist! A generic version of these (without the sports clip art) is available at my TpT store.  Click {HERE} to get it.

  • I made the Kiss Your Brain jar that's floating around Pinterest.  I originally bought a little tin from the dollar spot at Target, but realized that I would be setting myself up for failure because without a lid I would probably eat all of them!  So I picked up this little canister instead!
  • I love the hall passes that Tara and Amy created:


So I decided to make my own:


I knew I couldn't write the letters because my hand writing is not that pretty...I blame it on being a lefty!  So I used foam letter stickers that I had.  The background is a champagne color and the circles are a purple glitter paint.  I used orange glow paint for the clothespins and a polka dot ribbon.

Since my daughter is on "vacation" from preschool for 2 weeks, she wanted in on the action, so we made a sign for her room.  She is very proud, although she was adamant that her name does not have an 's' at the end!  Eventually she let me put the 's' there!
I'm also linking up with Elizabeth at Fun in Room 4B for her Fabulous Find Friday Linky.

My fabulous find is the Scotch Laminator, that I know so many of you have! 
Scotch Thermal Laminator Combo Pack, Includes 20 Laminating Sheets, 9 Inches x 11.4 Inches (TL901SC)
We have a laminator at school, but I don't want to wait to laminate!  Now that I'm making and buying such great stuff, I want to put it together now!  Lack of impusle control I guess!  I ordered it from Amazon because I had a giftcard and can't wait to put it to use!

What a  better way to spend Monday than hopping around getting great ideas!  Make sure to link up to share your projects and finds!  I can't wait to be inspired!

29 comments

  1. I love your creations!! The hall pass is super cute!! I love your Kiss Your Brain jar. I would have to agree with the lid. Although my candy jar has a lid, it still didn't keep me out of it unfortunately! lol :) Love it all!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I want to buy a laminator so badly but I'm holding out. Please write about how you like it because I just might cave in soon and purchase one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I found your blog! I am a 2nd grade teacher in Southern California too! I feel like there aren't too many of us and we should stick together! I love your hall pass and name plates. I'm your newest follower! Stop by my blog when you get a chance.
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love the hall pass idea because not only is it adorable, but the kids don't really spend too much time touching each pass (especially the bathroom one) since they can clip the "pass" to their shirt. Fewer germs is always a good thing!

    I have that same laminator and I truly cannot imagine life without it!!

    Aimee
    Primarily Speaking

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is so funny that we were both working on calendar numbers this week. If I'm not mistaken, we did the same thing one other week. Too funny! You are going to LOVE your laminator. The film is much thicker so it makes your stuff a little sturdier. If you live near a Sam's, they sell the pouches in packs of 200 for only $20. Compared to the prices at Staples, Wal-Mart, Target, etc. that's a steal!

    Kristi
    Learning's a Hoot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hall pass sign turned out so cute! I like the way you used the ribbon for the clothespins. Great minds think alike, we haven't finished hers yet, but my daughter and I are making one for her room.

    I got you one step closer to 100 followers!

    Kelly @ I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Hall Pass idea, I think I may know what I'm making next week!!


    Amanda @Surviving the First Year

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowza! You got so much done:)) Love all your sports themed classroom items and love that you made them yourself! Kiss your Brain is adorable! Your kids will love that hall pass:) Thanks for linking up:))

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've been busy!! Your stuff all looks great!! I have a Scotch laminating machine and I can say it's been such a great investment!! I use it ALL THE TIME for all kinds of stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your signal poster! Awesome! I became your newest follower. I would love to have you come by and visit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That Kiss Your Brain container is still on my list! Glad I found another 2nd grade blog!


    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness
    Come join my linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad I found your blog! I will be a first year 2nd grade teacher this ocming August and I'm super excited! I love your hall passes.. I have those on my ever-growing list of things to make.. However, I'm a lefty too so I'll just end up smearing it if I try to use paint.. maybe foam letters like you did!?

    Glad to have found a 2nd grade blog!

    Ashley
    That's So Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Amber Leigh
    It was only $30 on Amazon so that's why I got it. I'll definitely let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Bright Concepts 4 Teachers
    Gotta love 2nd grade so cal teachers! Thanks for stopping by and following me!

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Aimee
    Thanks Aimee! I also figure if they lose it, it's easy to replace!

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Kristi
    Thanks for the heads up about Sam's Club! Guess I'll be headed there soon!

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Amanda Madden
    Love finding other 2nd grade blogs! Thanks for stopping by!

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Mrs. P
    Thanks for stopping by Ashley! I love how the foam letters turned out!

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am your 100th follower! Congrats! I love your blog! I am a new blogger and am inspired by all your "made its". I have been wanting to get one of those laminators... do you love it?
    Thanks for sharing!

    Layla
    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Brandi!

    I love all of your ideas, especially the teacher binder. That's next on my "to do " list. I like your sports theme. I am your newest follower.

    Krista
    stellar-students

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is a fabulous find :) and your craftiness is pretty great, too. Thanks for linking up!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow you have been busy! Love your signs! I'm your newest follower :)

    Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have always thought about buying a laminator! Ours at school hardly ever works! Your sign looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have to say I have laminator envy. I love the things you made. Thanks for sharing.

    Jill
    Bubbalulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your colors you choose for your hall pass! Great idea for the ribbo to attach the clothes pins to!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top