New {School} Year Resolutions!

I'm linking up with Amanda from Teaching Maddenness for her New {School} Year Resolutions!

I love this time of year because of all the promise and excitement.  I also love that it's a chance for me to take all of my reflecting from the summer and put it into practice!  So here are my resolutions for the upcoming school year:

#1: Stay organized!  I've created my teacher organizational binder so I'm hoping this helps!

#2: Along the lines of organization, I will keep my desk neat and organized!  I will not throw papers on my desk or supplies in my desk.  The infamous teacher toolbox should help with this too!

#3: Keep my class website updated!  I always start strong, then hit lulls.  I'm determined this year to consistently add to it.  In order to keep this manageable, I will only be posting things I know I can do on a regular basis...................I've learned the hard way once you start posting things, parents expected it and get irritated when it's not there!

#4: Maintain balance!  Between work, being a mommy, blogging, and taking care of myself.  I know that in order to be the best that I want and know I can be, I need to make sure that I have balance.  Over the last few years, I've internalized the fact that NO is not a bad word and I need to use it more often sometimes!

#5: Use my time wisely!  I think this compliments having balance very well.  In my binder I have a to do list section that will help keep me focused and organized.  I know what I want to accomplish during certain times, i.e. before/after school and during prep periods.  I need to make sure that I don't chit chat with friends too much and end up behind schedule.

Make sure to stop by and link up!  Also check in tomorrow for the wonderful Monday Made It! Linky Party!

12 comments

  1. Thanks for linking up Brandi! You are so right about not doing too much on your website at the beginning because the expectations can become unreal! I learned that the hard way one year when I had time to REALLY update it daily when I had a student teacher. When she was gone, I didn't have time but the expectations were already set. :(

    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our resolutions are almost exactly the same! LOL What a great time of year to think about how great things are going to be!

    Nichole
    Craft of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great! I also put binders on my resolution list.

    ✰Becca
    Simply 2nd Resources

    ReplyDelete
  4. You list is great! I need to remember to maintain balance, too! It's so easy to focus all of your attention on one aspect of life and forget the rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found you on New (school) Year Resolutions linky! I love to connect with other grade teachers!I agree with your #2.. I am showcasingmy toolbox tomorrow. I would love for you to check it out!
    
Layla
    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of a to-list section in your binder. I also made a binder this summer, and I was just thinking I would print my resolutions and put them in my binder! I think I'll add a to-list section while I'm at it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, I also used the word "balance." It is going to be a fine line this year, but an absolute necessity! Loved reading your post today.

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found you through the linky party with Teaching Maddeness. I also teach 2nd grade. Come check out my blog. I am having a giveaway. :)
    Jean
    Diving Into 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too created a planning notebook and hope this will help with organization. I know what you mean about not chit chatting with friends, especially when I go in early in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. an organizational binder?!? You are already far surpassing my organizational skills!

    I am jealous!

    Susan
    T.G.I.F. (Thank God it's First Grade!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have seen so many organizational binders floating around. I am thinking I need to get strated on one:)

    I found our blog on the New School Year's Resolution Linky and am your newest follower.

    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  12. I share your resolution of keeping your class website up to date! I am going to work hard this year to do better!

    Come visit me at http://msshopesclass.blogspot.com/!

    I am your newest follower!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top