Classroom Theme and Teacher Binder

Today I'm linking up with Corinna at Surfin' Through Second for her Classroom Theme Linky.  I'm super excited to have a theme this year.  Can you believe in the previous 8 years I've never had one?  I know that's horrible.  I think I was going to a bright, colorful classroom, but thanks to blogging, I'm picking a concrete, explicit theme....SPORTS!!!  Since this is my first time using a theme, I've been busy pinning and creating things to use in my classroom. 




Here's what I have so far:
name plates w/ clipart from Thistle Girl
birthday chart where I'll take pictures of the kids for each month

calendar pieces
hand signals with a sports twist.  generic version available at my TpT store.

I also finished my organizational binder!!!! I used pages from Mrs. Magee's Classroom Forms and Substitute Information--Sports Theme.  I love integrating my theme throughout mys stuff and the kids' stuff!
cover

section 1:my monthly calendars

monthly calendar--2 page spread with motivational quotes.  Free from Jodi @ Fun in First.  Click {HERE} to download.

section 2: lesson plans.  I'll be making my own template for weekly plans

section 3: standards (current state standards and common core)
section 4: year long plans (year at a glance and long range plans)
section 5: student info (roster and parent contact information)
section 6: parent communication (logs for parent communication.  Free from More Time 2 Teach.  Click {HERE} to download)
I'm working on my students' STAR binder, which I purchased from Jodi @ Fun in First.  I'm done with everything except the schedule for my kids' pull out classes (music, pe, science lab, etc).  We don't get that until school starts.  Now I just need to copy and start assemblying them!

I also want to make the fabric pennant that's been going around pinterest using sports themed fabric, so hopefully I'll be able to get that done this summer!

Make sure you stop by and link up!  I love seeing everyone's decor and ideas!

13 comments

  1. I love your theme and the things you created! That birthday chart is really awesome!

    Delighted in Second

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sports theme looks awesome!! I can tell you put a lot of time into your theme. I especially love the birthday chart. It came out cute! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this theme! It's really cute and Thistlegirl clip art always looks great. I'm linked up, too. I hope you visit my blog. I am a new follower!

    Heather at TeachItToday

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun theme! Your name tags are adorable and I love the birthday chart. I am really jealous of your binder though! I really need to sit down and make mine. Mahalo for linking up!

    Aloha,
    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Heather at Teach It Today!
    Thanks for stopping by and following my blog. I'm headed over to yours right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Corinna
    Thanks for hosting this linky Corinna! I love looking at what everyone's doing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute stuff! My next project is a birthday chart. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am awarding you a Versatile Blogger Award! Stop by and check it out!

    Wib On!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so cute Brandi! We love a themed room! It makes it so much easier when you are adding anything-stay focused (we tend to veer when we shop:)
    ~Christy & Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on those sports themed nameplates! I think your students will love a sports theme!

    Aimee
    Primarily Speaking

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm visiting through the linky party. What a fun theme! Great job on all your wonderful creations. They're awesome! I'm excited to share my classroom theme too. Come by when you get a chance.
    Waving from The Teacher's Chatterbox,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  12. I too am doing a sports theme :) Any plans on putting your name plates and birthday chart up on TPT?

    Lauren
    Lauren.Kassner@smyrna.k12.de.us

    ReplyDelete
  13. Are the name plates or the birthday chart on TPT?? They are SO cute! My classroom theme is Sports and those would be a perfect addition!!

    Raquel

    raquelmartus@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top