Monday Made It!

So I'm still a teacher without a grade, but that's not going to stop me from making things for my classroom!  I'm linking up again with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics for
This week I made Power Towers.  I had never heard of these until I began blog stalking and can't wait to use them in my classroom!  I made 2 reading (with 1st and 2nd grade sight words) and 1 math (with basic addition facts).  I figure that I can always change the cups depending on the grade level, but I know I want to use them!  Here's a link to the Teacher Tipster's YouTube video on Power Towers.  I got the labels for the cans from Mrs. Gilchrist's Class.  I used the smaller Pringles can for the reading ones and still need to buy a larger can for the math facts.

basic math facts
The next things I made were Boggle letters and Math It Up numbers.  Now I didn't make the letters or numbers.  I downloaded them from Teacher on the Loose.  Since I am gradeless, I don't know if I'll have to move classrooms, so I don't know if I'm going to put them on a bulletin board or use the oil pan idea that's floating around Pinterest.  Despite that, I have all the letters cut out and laminated.  I have extra Dollar Tree containers in my room so I plan to put them in there.




A couple weeks ago, I was reading a post on A Cupcake for the Teacher on Voices charts.  I instantly fell in love with the idea, so I decided to make one in my sports theme:

Lastly, I made the picture directions cards.  I hate answering (multiple times!) "Can we use markers, glue bottles, etc?"  Having these up should cut that down............at least a little bit!

Now I'm off to blog hop and add more things to my to do list!

11 comments

  1. Thinking about making a Boggle for my class also.

    Stop by soon.
    I am having a Linky about your All Time Favorite Teacher.

    :)
    Tamera
    http://myheartbelongsinfirst.blogspot.com
    Kaizactan2001@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You've been a busy girl Brandi!

    Your "voice chart" is adorable! We use the same scale at my school and now you've inspired me to get out there and try something like this myself!

    Also...love the Power Towers! I used them in math last year and my kiddos loved them!

    Fun fun stuff today!

    Nikki
    uncommontothecore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Really love the circle letters and numbers.

    Kristi
    Learning's a Hoot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brandi, you are amazing!!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE!! I used the voice level scale with an autistic student I had years ago, and it worked amazingly for him. Very hard to teach a class full of kiddos when one of them is shouting everything all day, lol! He made so much progress with that system. :) I also use the picture direction cards (I downloaded them for free from a blog last year, not sure where), and love them!

    Gayla
    Teach On.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made Power Towers for multiplication facts last year, but now I am teaching 6th grade LA/SS. I would love to do these for this subject. If you ever think of something, let me know :)
    ~Amy
    Sixth Grade Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm now your newest follower!! Funny thing... my sister's name is Brandi Miller and she also lives in CA!! Anyway, I'm planning on making a Boggle Board too, your letters look great!

    Cyndi
    Lacy's Letters

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of your projects look great!! That must be so frustrating not knowing where you will be next year:( Keep up the awesome work!!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the ideas! I hope you get assigned a grade soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brandi - I love the picture direction cards. I know this would help my students. Would it be possible for you to send me the file? My email is daoparks@gmail.com. Also, I can't tell from the picture, but do you have a highlighter picture too? Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top