Monday Made It!

I'm linking up with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics again for
Yesterday I posted about sight word practice.  Click {HERE} to read.  To help my students practice their sight words even more, I made Tara's Shake, Write, and Learn Tumblers.  When I saw this idea I was instantly hooked!  I know my kids will love doing this activity and I think it compliments WBT's SuperSpeed 100/1000 very well.  While SuperSpeed works on reading sight words, the Shake, Write, and Learn Tumblers focus on spelling and writing sight words.  By using both, my students will have a great grasp on sight words!









While I was reading up on WBT, I read Tonya's post and followed the link to Ashley at The Polka Dot Patch.  She has the WBT rules you can download and print, so I did that and attached them to ribbon.

I teach at a Multiple Intelligence (MI) school and love how well the strategies from WBT align with MI.  I will definitely be spending more time this summer reading and watching videos from WBT.




For more fun items, I made these bookmarks from paint samples that I picked up at Walmart.  I had a star punch that I used along the sides, then tied some silver ribbon to the top.  I plan to pass these out at meet your teacher day.





Don't forget to link up and share what you've done this week!

9 comments

  1. I love the shake, write, reads. As soon as I get the second grade sight word list, I will be making these for a word work station. Thanks for sharing!

    Ashley
    That's So Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bookmarks are a great idea! Thanks for sharing. By the way, I am a new follower and would love to have you join my "Blogs of Inspiration" page TIPS: Teach, Inspire, and Prepare Students

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bookmarks are so cute! I love your shake your bottles too.

    ✣ Miss Nelson✣
    Miss Nelson’s Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too LOVE WBT. I use a lot of the gestures and such in class. A lot of fun! I want to read more about their SuperSpeed though... definitely may have to come back to you with questions about it! Love the little sight word shakers.

    Amanda
    redseventeen@gmail.com
    Reaching for the TOP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the bookmark idea and your tumblers.
    ~April
    The Idea Backpack
    ideabackpack@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute ideas!! I really love your paint sample bookmarks. Your kids will love them! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the shout out:) I love those rule posters:)

    Tonya
    Tonya’s Treats for Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your tumblers, your kids will too! Thanks for the shout out:) I love your bookmarks too! So cute! Thanks for linking up:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Brandi! I've chosen your wonderful blog for the Liebster Award! :)

    Jessica
    Mrs. Heeren's Happenings

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top