Monday Made It: Inspired by others

This week's Monday Made It's have all been inspired by previous Monday Made It's from other fabulous bloggers!
 
Here are the ideas I got and projects I made:
 
 
Inspiration: Bucket Filler Jar from Christina Bainbridge:

Christina's creation
Last year I wanted my class to be a class of bucket fillers.  I read the books to my kids and we talked about different ways we could fill other people's buckets.  I want to take it a step futher this year so I will be using this jar and have kids work on a specific way they can be a bucket filler each day.  Christina's post has the freebies you need to make this too!  Here's how mine turned out:


I just used a container from the Dollar Tree and Mod Podged the label to the outside.
 

 
Inspiration: Super Work Magnets from AMC at Looking From Third to Fourth:
AMC's picture
When I saw this idea I was instantly hooked.  I went to staples and bought the business card magnets, downloaded her freebie, and got to work.  This was a cute and simple project to put together.  After I cut the tags apart, I peeled off the backing of the magnet and stuck the tag to the magnet!  Here's how mine turned out:
 
 
I can't wait to give these to the parents at Orientation (Back to School) Night and tell them to get ready to show off all of their kiddos super work!
 
 
 Inspiration: Post It Holder Picture Frames from Joanne at Head Over Heels for Teaching:
 
I had seen these floating around Pinterest and when I saw Joanne's post with her supply list and instructions I knew it was time to make mine.  I decided to make 2 for my daughter's preschool teachers in the fall and one for myself.  I'll probably end up making more for my colleagues as well!
I used 4x6 frames from the Dollar Tree and scrapbook paper that I had on hand.  I embellished them with glittered flower stickers and ribbon.  Here's my creation:
 
 


 
 
Inspiration: Grocery bag containers from Diane at Fifth in the Middle:
 
I have grocery bags filling cupboards and closets everywhere!  So I decided to make a container for the car and school.  I followed the directions from Tatertots and Jello and came up with these:
I used digital paper from Zip a Dee Doo Dah Designs and Mod Podged it to the container.  Quick and easy!
 
Have you been inspired?  Link up and share what you've made!
 

11 comments

  1. Brandi, you did a great job on all of your projects! I especially love the post-it note holders. Thanks for sharing.
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your projects!!! It's nice to see teachers giving other teachers credit too. I need to get on that plastic bag holder. (:

    Britney
    Tailor-made Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really cute ideas!!! I will have to borrow some of them. I love your blog! I am a second grade teacher too. If you get a chance come on over and check my blog out.

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your creations look fabulous! I really love (And need to make) those grocery bag holders.. Not only are they cute but they could solve so many of my problems!! :)

    Ashley
    That's So Second Grade!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need a grocery bag holder! The cabinet under my sink gets out of control with those... :-)

    Crystal
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your grocery bag holder turned out great! Thanks for the shout out!

    Diane
    Fifth in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you have been busy! All of your projects look great!

    Aloha,
    Corinna (✿◠‿◠)
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  8. You were certainly busy this week! Everything looks great!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the bucket filler jar! We do bucket filling too and sometimes I think my students need reminders on HOW to be bucket fillers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love some good Modge Podge projects! Thanks for sharing!!

    Kristina
    Mrs. Z & Company

    ReplyDelete
  11. I DEFINITELY want to do the bucket fillers for next year. Such a neat idea. You were certainly busy too! That was me last summer... here's hoping I get it in gear this summer!!

    Amanda
    Reaching for the TOP!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top