Tried it Tuesday and Two for Tuesday

One of the great things about summer is the fabulous linky parties that people are hosting.  Today I'll be linking up with 2.  First up, Tried It Tuesday with Holly.

This week I'm sharing some of the homemade laundry recipes I've been using.  At first I was skeptical when a friend mentioned that she makes her own detergent, but once I tried it I was hooked.  Most of my recipes come from Jillee at One Good Thing by Jillee.  
The recipes I've tried and use on a consistent basis are Super Concentrated No Grate Liquid Laundry Detergent and Fresh Scent Homemade Fabric Softener.

Here's a pic of all the ingredients you need to make these.  I'm sure many of these you have on hand and use for other things!

Super Concentrated No Grate Liquid Laundry Detergent:
This recipe is really easy to make.  The ingredients are Borax, washing soda, and Dawn dishwashing soap.


Fresh Scent Homemade Fabric Softener:
This is probably my favorite concoction. I love the way this makes the clothes smell and feel.  The ingredients are a scent-booster (I use Downy Unstoppables), baking soda, and vinegar.  My daughter loves to help me make this because of the reaction of mixing baking soda and vinegar.  A little goes a long way and the fresh scent stays in the clothes for a while.
 

Next up, Two for Tuesday with The Teaching Tribune.
This is a great linky where bloggers and sellers are choosing 2 items to mark 50% off for today.  I've chosen my Reward Tags and my Editable Binder Covers.
Reward Tags: Brag About It! (Over 90 different tags)
Editable Binder Covers & Spines---Bright Stripes and polka dots
My kiddos (4th and 2nd grade) have loved earning Reward Tags.  This product currently includes over 90 different tags.  I'm in the process of updating this file and adding to it.  By purchasing it today at 50% off, you'll be able to redownload it once it's updated and have saved a nice little penny! You can read about them {HERE}
My binder covers have kept me organized this year.  Everything is very easy to find.  I need to redo some of them due to common core, but I know where I can find my resources!
Off to see what's been marked down!  I love a good sale!


No comments

Back to Top