Five for Friday: Summer Reading

I spent this week in a training on Reader's Workshop.  I learned so much and can't wait to implement it in the fall!  This week for Five for Friday, I thought I'd share some of the professional books that I would like to read this summer.


I'm participating in a book study with some fabulous other bloggers about this book.  I am loving it so far and felt like such a rockstar when Laney herself commented on one of my posts!  If you want to check out my posts on Guided Math, click HERE.
I'm also participating in a book study for Guided Reading!  I really want to improve in the area of small group instruction and this book is great!  You can check out my posts by clicking HERE.
My grade level uses Words Their Way for word study and spelling so I'm diving into this book soon.  Would anyone be interested in participating in a book study on this book?  I'd love to share tips and resources to implement this well in the classroom.
I purchased this book last summer, but never finished reading it.  I really love many of the components of Whole Brain Teaching and am looking forward to adding to my bag of tricks from this book.
 
Finally, I purchased this book back in January and think that it will go great with Guided Math.

That's a lot of professional reading!  I need to sneak in some fun stuff too!  What are you reading this summer?

1 comment

  1. My school will be using Words Their Way for the first time this year. Is it effective? I am very interested in learning more about it.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top