Monday Made It: June 23


I love that this linky party is back to being weekly.  It gets me up and motivated to create things to use at work and at home.  This week I made 2 things to use in my classroom.
First up is my Calendar Math.  I am participating in a book study of Laney Sammons' Guided Math and I am loving every little bit of it.  One of the areas that I know I need to improve is creating a numeracy rich environment and giving my kids an opportunity to be a part of a mathematical community of learners.  I created these posters that I plan to laminate and put up on my math board.  I will only put up 5-6 at the most and students will answer them on their white boards.  We'll go over the answers as a class and spend a lot of the time talking about how they arrived at their answers, what strategies they used, and how this relates to things we've been learning.  I'm really excited to see this in action!
Here are some pictures if you want to check it out:




I also made a sports theme clip chart.  We use this as part of our school wide behavior management and I wanted one to go with my theme so here it is.
 
 
 
 
 
 

I'm excited to see what everyone else has created.  I get so inspired from everyone's posts and keep adding to my to do lists.  Please stop by tomorrow and Thursday for my book studies on Guided Reading and Guided Math.  Have a great week!


4 comments

  1. I also have a sports themed classroom! Your clip chart is cute.
    Diary of a Not So Wimpy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the titles you gave each color on the behavior chart...very clever! :)

    Jess
    I {Heart} Recess

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love using a math calendar! I started using it last year and I love how it helps my kids review skills every day! Can't wait to see more!

    Kerry
    FlipFloppingToSchool

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is adorable! You hit it out of the park on that one!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top