Having a Blast in Math!

When I was in college, I wanted to major in elementary education which was part of a double major program at my school.  Because of softball (I was on scholarship) I couldn't do that so I only majored in psychology.  When I told my mom this, she said I had to minor in something or I wouldn't graduate.  Thinking that my mother wouldn't lie to me about this, I minored in math.

Fast forward all these years and I still love math!  This year our district is "trying out" Engage NY for math and it's been rough at times, but there are some things that I really like.  One thing I don't is the lack of small group, differentiation in the program, so I've been doing a lot of supplementing.

One of the ways that I do this is with roam the room task cards.  All I do is put a variety of task cards around the room.  For this activity I had 2 different sets, that were working on variables and equations.  Based on what my kiddos needed, they either did the purple or blue cards.

Here they are hard at work:

This set was from my Evaluating Equations Task Cards set which includes 3 different sets of cards.
Evaluating Equations Task Cards
Another thing we've been up to is adding flip books to our interactive notebooks.  Here are 2 of our most recent ones:

 Properties of Multiplication Interactive Flip Book
 
Variables and Equations Interactive Flip Book

Both of these are available in my store by clicking on any of the pictures above.  What fun have you been having in math?


No comments

Back to Top