A Peek at My Week


Now that I've finalized my schedule (for now), I feel ready to go for the week.  Here's what the kiddos and I will be up to this week:


2nd Grade Language Interactive Notebook (Common Core aligned)Plural Noun Party! {Common Core Aligned}Language Arts: We're continuing our study of nouns.  This week we're exploring plural nouns.  I love this Plural Noun Party pack from Aimee Salazar.  We'll be adding the student booklet to our interactive notebook and doing the regular plural sorts early in the week.  Toward the end of the week we'll begin looking at irregular plurals.  For that we'll be using a foldable from Nicole Shelby's Language Interactive Notebook.

Math: We're finishing up place value and I'll assess the kids on that.  I'll also be starting 2-digit addition.  Here are some of the products that I'll be using this week:

Race to 50 or 100 {A Place Value Game}

Double Digit Addition Activities

Social Studies: We're beginning our government unit and will spend this week doing some vocabulary activities.

Writing: I love the idea of one word to guide you through the year.  I blogged about my one word {HERE} and when I saw this idea from Jennifer and Jamie's blogs I knew I had to do it with my class.  Last week my kids wrote their rough drafts and this week we're working on revising and editing.  I can't wait to see how they turn out!

Work Stations: I'm so excited to introduce these this week!  My kiddos are good at independent reading and partner reading.  I introduced a few of the activities last week, but will keep adding to it until it's fully up and running!

I love reading what everyone's teaching.  Make sure you stop by Mrs. Laffin's Laughings to see what everyone's up to!

2 comments

  1. I hope you will share how your One Word projects go. My principal saw what our 4th and 5th grades did and now the whole school is doing it. Very powerful!

    Thanks for linking up!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also excited to see your One Word projects and how they went. I started mine today. After Jennifer shared it with our staff and we decided to do it as a school, I thought that I MUST do it with my students today. I incorporated it with our MLK discussion today. Can't wait to see how you think it went. :)
    Ana
    Mrs. Bentin's Blackboard

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top