Back in August, I moved out of the classroom and into the role of instructional technology TOSA (teacher on special assignment). I am in love with this position and what I am able to do. Right now I am the only tech TOSA in my district so I serve all 19 schools, grades TK-12. While I am not doing the personal coaching that I would like to yet, I do feel like I am having a positive impact on teachers and students in my district.
Here are a few of the things I've done this year in terms of instructional technology:
- Piloting an LMS (Haiku in the fall and Schoology in the spring)
- Hosting a monthly EdTech Community of Practice
- Attended and presented at the Fall CUE conference in Napa
- Organized a Parent Tech Night
- Compiled Digital Citizenship lessons for TK-12 from Common Sense Media
I am very excited to continue sharing my love of educational technology and the ways it can be thoughtfully integrated into the classroom to positively impact teaching and student learning.