Instructional Technology

Hello Blogland! I am rededicating myself to blogging. I think I'm going to update the look of this space since I am in a new position and have a new focus.

Back in August, I moved out of the classroom and into the role of instructional technology TOSA (teacher on special assignment). I am in love with this position and what I am able to do. Right now I am the only tech TOSA in my district so I serve all 19 schools, grades TK-12. While I am not doing the personal coaching that I would like to yet, I do feel like I am having a positive impact on teachers and students in my district.

Here are a few of the things I've done this year in terms of instructional technology:

  • Piloting an LMS (Haiku in the fall and Schoology in the spring)
  • Hosting a monthly EdTech Community of Practice
  • Attended and presented at the Fall CUE conference in Napa
  • Organized a Parent Tech Night
  • Compiled Digital Citizenship lessons for TK-12 from Common Sense Media
I am very excited to continue sharing my love of educational technology and the ways it can be thoughtfully integrated into the classroom to positively impact teaching and student learning.



No comments

Back to Top