I hope everyone is having a fabulous Memorial Day weekend! I was able to spend it relaxing with my family just hanging out. I've been seeing lots of bloggers link up with Deanna for this linky and I thought I would join in. Here's my list of 10 things I hope to do this summer:
1. Workout--I really need to get active and eat right. I have a lot of weight that I would like to lose, but more than that I need to be healthy. I am almost done with Leslie Sansone's Walk it off in 30 Days. I'm really loving her workouts and know I will stick with them. I also love that my daughter enjoys doing some of the walking moves with me!
2. Fun with the kiddo--This is the last summer before my little girl starts kindergarten. In some ways I'm ready for her to be challenged but I don't want her to grow up so fast! She's only going to preschool half-day for 3 days a week so we'll have plenty of time for fun.
3. Day trips--Going along with #2, I plan to go to Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, and the beach as fun day trips. I feel very blessed to be able take my daughter to amusement parks with our passes and not feel like we need to do everything to get our money's worth.
4. Vacation--In addition to the day trips, we'll be going to Legoland California this summer! My daughter is so excited and I've heard that Legoland is a good place to visit when they're smaller. We'll be going for 2 days and I can't wait to get away!
5. Professional Reading--I feel like my Amazon Wish List keeps growing and growing. Here are some of the books that I will definitely be reading:
Other professional books that are on my list include
6. Fun Reading--I also want to read for fun. A friend recommended the Divergent series. Some friends and I are planning to see Wicked when it comes to LA this winter, so I was also thinking of reading that series. Any other good reads? My last for fun book was the 50 Shades trilogy (no judgement please) so I need something new!
7. Blog--I go through these spells where I don't blog for months or so at a time. I'm trying to do better at being more consistent and summer's as good a time as any to start!
8. Create--My creative juices have been flowing, but I haven't been creating and posting things. I have a ton of ideas on paper and some half started projects that I'm ready to buckle down and finish.
9. Sleep--My list so far seems so long, but I know that I need to take some time for me to relax, unwind, and rejuvenate
10. Get ready for next year--This is for my classroom and as a mom. I don't know what grade I will be teaching, but I will be back at my current school. As soon as I find out, I know I'll be itching to buy, create, and prep for the year. I also am excited to get my daughter ready for kindergarten. She's so excited and I can't wait for her to start this adventure!
Now I'm off to see what everyone else is up to!